When looking for a dishwasher, consider these factors:
- Brand reputation: Brands such as Bosch, Miele, KitchenAid, and Whirlpool have a history of producing reliable and high-performing dishwashers. Research customer reviews and industry expert ratings to find the most recommended models.
- Size and capacity: Determine the size that best fits your kitchen space, and consider the capacity you need for your household. Standard dishwashers are 24 inches wide, while compact models are 18 inches. The capacity can vary, so consider the number of place settings you require.
- Energy efficiency: Look for dishwashers with ENERGY STAR certification, which ensures they meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Noise level: Check the decibel rating (dB) of the dishwasher. A lower dB rating means a quieter operation. Dishwashers with a rating of 45 dB or lower are considered very quiet.
- Features: Consider the features that are important to you, such as adjustable racks, third racks, soil sensors, and various wash cycles. Some models offer smart technology, allowing you to control and monitor the dishwasher via smartphone or voice commands.
To find the best dishwasher for you in 2023, consult updated reviews, buying guides, and consumer reports to make an informed decision based on the latest information and models available.